Domestic Logistics & Purchasing Manager, China | China
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Feb-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Domestic Logistics & Purchasing Manager, China, to be located at our Changshu Office on a permanent full-time basis.
Reporting into the Purchasing & Network Logistics Manager - North Asia. The purpose of this key role is to ensure all activities in the areas below are carried out in line with the business strategy and objectives. This role is seen as an integral part of our wider APAC Supply Chain and Procurement function and will be responsible for implementing process improvement and efficiency within the team.
The role's accountabilities will primarily involve:
Lead the Domestic Logistics activity in the scope of responsibility and lead the communication in the country with the other functions, mainly Production Operation and Commercial (Sale & Marketing and Customer Service) teams.
- Lead, coach and support professionals to achieve decided targets in the scope of responsibility
- Develop talents and provide career opportunities.
- Put in place the institutional meetings to follow and coach the reporting lines
- Play an active and constructive role in the scheduling and production planning processes (e.g. S&OP)
- Organize and optimize the interfaces with other
- functions with proper tools (interface meetings or informal contacts).
- Interface with the Commercial Team (Sale & Marketing and Customer Service) to improve customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
Ensure that the Supply Chain processes are implemented in an efficient and coherent way and drive implementation of operational excellence in the scope of responsibility. Implement locally the Supply Chain strategy which has been agreed at the Regional level.
- Be competent in the Supply Chain related modules of the ERP system available in the country of responsibility
- Lead and participate in an active and constructive role in forecasting (demand & Supply planning) and production scheduling process.
- Manage the inventory levels, within the scope of responsibility, in collaboration with material flow officers, production sites and other stakeholders
- Ensures customer satisfaction by keeping the delivery schedule to promise.
- Lead sub-projects and work streams at country level as agreed with the Regional Supply Chain leadership team.
Optimize logistical costs in the country by leveraging volumes in between the different production sites as well as different transportation routes.
- Take charge of all the negotiation and contract agreement forming with vendors for all the local country logistics (trucking, railing, container liner and sea-bulk shipment) and warehousing purchasing & rental items.
- Optimise costs and the km driven with products
- Optimize stock holding points and inventory working capital within each stock holding points.
- Work with Supply Planning to source optimally with regard to the local customer base
- Challenge sales items and packaging modes with the aim to minimize costs
- Engage with the Flow managers in order to support cost
- reduction of identified international flows
- Optimise the fixed costs of the local SC organisation
Optimize costs within the scope of responsibility as well as with peers in other countries.
- Engage with the Supply Chain organisations in other countries to improve costs through leveraging volumes (e.g. road freight, warehousing)
- Look for benefits through reverse logistics (e.g. back-haulage)