VP of Operations - North Asia | Singapore
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world- privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are seeking a VP of Operations to join our Asia Pacific Operations team on a permanent fulltime basis, to be based in our Singapore office.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer- APAC this role will execute the strategy to ensure our Operations North portfolio is safe and sustainable, and drive optimised performance, profitability and roll out of our new global operating model.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Lead and embed our safety culture, effective management of the team, plant and contractors to ensure our activities operate in accordance with company Safety, Environment and Quality systems; promote and foster our ‘going for zero' safety performance for all employees, contractors and visitors
- Execute the standardised adoption of the Sibelco Operating Model processes into our Operations and embed this new way of working
- Implement our Operational Excellence strategy; identify and manage our Operations Networks and Capital needs to ensure continuous and measurable optimisation in cost, process and performance standards.
- Work closely with cross functional teams in Sales, Supply Chain, Procurement and Finance.
We are targeting a true people leader with presence that that has a proven capability to mentor and develop talent, and embodies our key behaviours of building positive relationships, speak up, explore possibilities and deliver on promise. Beyond theAsia remit of this role, there will be opportunity to contribute to Asia Pacific and Sibelco Group initiatives as we continue to successfully execute our group wide strategy to be the best Global Materials Solutions Company.
- Experience within mining production, manufacturing or chemical industries, desirable
- Knowledge of mineral application in Electronics, Polymers, Chemicals & Ceramics, desirable
- Professional, leadership and lean manufacturing qualifications- highly regarded
- Broad cross regional cultural awareness- highly regarded
- Fluent Bilingual English and Mandarin- essential
- Excellent financial acumen- essential
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Travel to company sites would be required on business needs, and relocation assistance is available for this appointment- interested candidates need not be presently located in Singapore.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at https://www.sibelco.com/job-opportunities/ no later than Friday 30th March 2018. Enquiries from candidates can be made to Eliza O'Brien at email@example.com or telephone 0011 61 07 3370 8685.