Assistant Technical Manager (Banglen, Thailand) | Thailand
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Apr-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently seeking for Assistant Technical Manager to join our QC and Technical team on a permanent fulltime basis, to be based in our Banglen plant, Thailand. Reporting to the Technical Manager.
This role's dedicated to lead Quality Management System to activities are conformed to requirement consistency; to supervise Quality Assurance (QA) of raw materials and production processes; to ensure all finished products meet the quality standard and customer requirements; to organize and manage, to ensure people, processes and equipment are in line of department policy.
Key Responsibilities Include;
Quality management system
- Is assigned to maintain and correct quality management system to ensure that system is conformed to requirements
- Reporting to plant manager on performance of quality management system and any need for improvement
- Initiating and maintaining actions needed to minimize the occurrence of non-conformity
- Promote quality management culture through organization
- Coordinating with all parties to correct and improve system's performance
- Control the quality of raw materials, Trading goods, WIP, finished products and including all QC processes, based on the QS plan and work procedures.
- Ensure product specification meets customer requirements.
- Participate in problem solving of product quality in coordination with the Logistics, Production and Sales Departments.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of laboratory equipments and ensure their scheduled calibrations.
- Prepare monthly quality reports.
- Obtain customer feedback on technical aspects of the products in coordination with the Sales Department.
- Ensure laboratory tests and analysis of product samples.
- Prepare and submit product specification data to Production Department.
- Coordinate appropriate storage of product samples to ensure they are secure from any damage and are accessible at any given time.
- Manage the registration list of incoming and outgoing tested product samples.
- Assist in explaining technical aspects of products to customers during sales activities.
- Settle formula of product for production
- Prepare sample of product for new customer.
- Prepare pre-sample & COA as Customer Requirement
- Manage subordinate's task and responsibility allocation.
- Manage performance of subordinates.
- Implement and monitor individual targeted work results.
- Ensure core values implementation in related function.
- Ensure effective teamwork and communication across function and within own department
- Perform HSE campaign in Business Unit.
- Implement ISO in the QA sub-section and assist implementation of ISO throughout Business Unit according to the established quality standard.
Key Requirements Include;
- Ideally tertiary qualifications in technical area of study, preferably with a focus on material science, ceramic, or any related fields.
- At least 5 years experiences in Quailty Assurance. Knowledge of the industrial minerals is a plus;
- Independant and able to work with a diversify team across Asia
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills in both Thai and English.
- Familiar with Requirement ISO 9001:2015 and experience of being Internal audit ISO 9001:2015
Sibelco recognize the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.