Maintenance & Reliability Manager (Kampar, Malaysia) | Malaysia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth, and a great organizational culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are currently seeking a Maintenance and Reliability Manager to join our Operations team, to be based in our Kampar Plant, Perak, Malaysia. Reporting to the Operations Manager and Plant Manager. This position will be responsible to ensure the plant equipment maintain in proper condition and more reliable in the long run to achieve the production target and cost budget set by company.
Key Responsibilities Include;
1. Maintenance Management
- Deliver effective mechanical & electrical predictive/preventative maintenance of critical processing fixed and Mobile plant.
- Implement effective condition based monitoring programs.
- Implement an appropriate critical spares program based on best practice and justifiable criteria.
- Ensure accurate capturing and analysis of maintenance data and equipment work histories in order to provide effective recommendations to Production and Maintenance Supervisors.
- Active participate in the capital projects process including providing reliability input to the equipment design, specification and purchase
2. Reliability Management
- Establish and deliver effective benchmark targets for reliability performance of site plant & equipment using Sibelco Maintenance Handbook as a guide.
- Deliver effective mechanical & electrical reliability programs for all site critical processing fixed and mobile plant.
- Review and analyse data from Production Supervisors on equipment reliability issues.
- Drive a systematic and effective reliability improvement process involving all key stakeholders (i.e. Production, Maintenance, Contractors and Suppliers) by leading a regular meeting to review equipment bad actors resulting in action plans for increasing overall equipment effectiveness (reliability)
3. People Management
- Provide strong leadership for reliability improvement & equipment maintenance.
- Work with the maintenance team to build a culture of waste elimination using lean principles in all maintenance functions insuring preventive / predictive maintenance tasks are carried out in the most effective manner
- Support the implementation of Sibelco Maintenance handbook by using the information to provide systems and learnings to the maintenance and operations teams
- Coaching and on job training need to ensure subordinate competence for job assign to them
- Monitor the performance of his direct subordinate to ensure company goal objective achieve.
4. Communication Management
- Lead the Root Cause Failure Analysis efforts for all critical item failures providing improvement recommendations to key stakeholders
- Cascade down clear message and information from top to bottom.
- Coordinating and participate operation and maintenance related meeting to ensure proper communication cascade through the organization.
5. Environment, Safety and Health Management
- Comply with Sibelco EHS policies and procedures and promote and provide EHS leadership within area of responsibility
Key Requirements Include;
- Bachelor's Degree holder in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Possess 8 years of on-the-job experience in one or more of the areas of the Certified Reliability Engineer Body of Knowledge.
- Minimum of 3 years of this experience must be in a decision-making position.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- A sound knowledge and experience in maintenance practices, asset management and reliability analysis.
- Experience in planning and scheduling of maintenance works and projects.
- Ability to apply root cause analysis and failure analysis techniques.
- Experience in budget and cost management.
- Effective leadership in change management skills, including financial, asset and team building techniques.
- Experience in working with both maintenance and production groups to meet operational goals and targets.
- Experience in communicating with Engineering on Capital and Continuous improvement project to provide best outcomes for equipment maintenance and reliability.
- Ability to develop long term relationships with external suppliers creating value for Sibelco and win win outcomes
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at https://www.sibelco.com/careers/. Enquiries from candidates can be made to Kelly Liang at email@example.com