Mining Engineering Manager (Padalarang, Indonesia or Kemaman, Malaysia) | Malaysia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth, and a great organizational culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are currently seeking a Mining Engineering Manager to join our Geology and Mining Services team, to be based in our Padalarang plant located in Indonesia or Kemaman plant in Malaysia.
Reporting to the Geology and Mining Services Manager / Chief Geologist Asia. This position will be managing and supporting the mine design, mine planning and scheduling to ensure the sustainability of raw materials Limestone supply continuously for the Padalarang lime plant, Kemaman lime plant, Kampar lime plant, and Balanagar feldspar/quartz plant by ensuring implementation Sibelco HSE standard, best mining practices and operation Excellent in Quarry / mining operation.
This is a key technical position within Sibelco. The Mining Engineering Manager is expected to provide the technical expertise and knowledge to support and enhance Sibelco's businesses as well as showing commitment to Sibelco's values and behaviour.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Long and short-term mine planning and optimization at Sibelco mines in Asia to ensured that the mining procedures used are safe efficient and sustainable.
- Mine development and Mining Operation planning and review.
- Organize, analyse strategic planning detailed design mines.
- Maintain the quarry's production system in accordance with the materials required quantity and quality across Asia.
- Compilation, review, and management of drill-hole databases.
- Reserve and resource reporting and evaluations.
- Statistical and geostatistical analysis and modelling.
- Ensure that key government health and safety legislation is implemented throughout the sites.
- Integrate mine and resource development with operations and market for commercial viability.
- Giving input in operations and optimization and management of mining contractors.
- Ground control plan and geotechnical support and monitoring and review regularly.
- Provide Technical support for mining projects across the organization as the need arises.
- Flexibility in supporting both engineering and geologic aspects of projects as necessary.
Key Outcomes Include;
- Mine development Projects delivered in time, within scope and budget
- Mine plan design optimized and application is fit for purpose
- Successful collaboration with Operations, T&I and Business Unit stakeholders
Key Requirements Include;
- Degree in Mining Engineering or a closely related field
- Engineering experience in a site-based production related role in open-pit mining or quarry
- 7+ years of professional experience in Industrial Minerals with at least 5 years in a senior planning role.
- Experience in blasting design and optimization
- Familiar with the project environment and proficient at equipment sizing and selection
- Strong computer skills focusing on Microsoft products; and
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support projects.
- Proficient in English and/or one of Asia language
- Proficient in Minesight and other planning/modeling software. ArcGIS (or similar), AutoCAD (or similar), and DataMine (or similar)
- Knowledge of engineering principles and best practice
- Demonstrated experience in mining engineering
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at https://www.sibelco.com/careers/. Enquiries from candidates can be made to Kelly Liang at email@example.com