Plant Manager (Kemaman, Malaysia)(Lime/Limestone) | Malaysia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Jul-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Mineral Solutions Company. We are market-driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling cultural.
We are currently recruiting a Plant Manager to join our Operations team, to be based in our Kemaman office, Malaysia. Reporting into the Operations Manager, Lime; this role is to manage Kemaman Plant operation in a safe, and reliable fashion and assure sustainability plant operation.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance of all relevant Health and Safety requirements at plant level, with refer to global standard and legal guidelines.
- Maintain high standard of plant housekeeping, clean, safe & conducive work environment at all time.
- Efficient Operation
- Develop operational targets and KPI which are linked to the group's objectives.
- Aggregate plan, maintain and monitor manufacturing processes
- Ensure the operation costs are maintained at an appropriate level, in coordination with the Finance Department
- Ensure that an innovating and continuous improvement culture is developed throughout the organisation
- Improve business and manufacturing process efficiency and effectiveness through continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure optimum OEE (Overall equipment effectiveness) is maintained at all times
- Ensure the consistency of finish product quality
- Develop operations reports according to group standards
- Work with supply chain manager to implement effective supply chains procedures and solutions
- Ensure the adequate level of inventory that is in accordance with the subsidiary's policy and demand
- Ensure timely delivery of quality product and meet demanded quantity according to the terms set out in the customer's agreements
- Propose capital expenditure for new projects and/ or improvement projects, in coordination with the various functions, with appropriate investment returns and justification
- Ensure implementation of corporate mission, vision and core values in Kemaman
- Manage subordinates' task and responsibility allocation
- Manage performance of subordinates
- Identify and develop talents including identifying needed training
- Ensure implementation of quality management system
- Develop effective community relations with local government officials and community
Key Requirements Include;
- Ideally tertiary qualifications in mechanical, electrical, industrial or Chemical engineering or any related fields
- Min 8 years experience in plant management, preferably in the industry minerals, lime, cement or chemical industry.
- Basic financial analysis certification will be added advantage.
- Proven track record in managing a plant operation team and implementing projects, such as lean manufacturing project.
- Comprehend vision, mission and values of Sibelco.
- Comprehend manufacturing process and understand other business processes of the company.
- Must be results-driven, with business acumen and customer-focused.
- Fluent in English
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at https://www.sibelco.com/careers/. Enquiries from candidates can be made to Kelly Liang at email@example.com