Purchasing Manager (Bangkadi, Thailand) | Thailand
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth, and a great organizational culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our Procurement team, to be based in our Bangkadi office, Thailand. Reporting into the Regional Procurement Manager; this role is to manage the local purchasing organization in close cooperation with the Regional Procurement leader and the regional Category Managers. He/she leads the local purchasing activities ensuring the company obtains the most competitive pricing for its external purchases and services, striving for lowest Total Cost of Ownership while meeting defined quality and sustainability standards.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Purchasing processes –
- Be accountable for the P to P process in the country and sites.
- Be responsible for all operational and transactional purchasing activities in the country down to site level.
- Ensure that all purchasing activities are in line with the regional and global category contracts.
- Help resolve technical and data quality issues relating to the ERP.
2. Functional excellence and savings –
- Implement the Procurement Target Operating Model in the country.
- Implement the agreed standardized purchasing processes.
- Drive best practices in the country and share best practices with other countries.
- Make recommendations for country and regional agreements where synergies and value-added opportunities are identified.
3. Suppliers Relationships –
- Develop a thorough understanding of the country's spend, supplier base and purchasing needs.
- Develop relationships with the key suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply and identify emerging opportunities.
4. Stakeholders –
- Builds effective relationships with internal key stakeholders (e.g. Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Energy, etc.)
- Work closely with the internal stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction implementation plans.
- Be the key contact in the Country for all sourcing-related topics and local contact for central purchasing.
- Ensure early involvement of local perspective into regional category strategies.
5. Leadership –
- Lead the country purchasing team and manage their performance.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent through engaging team members, coordinating regular meeting.
- Leads by example acting as a role model in safety and the Sibelco 4 key behaviours.
Key Requirements Include;
- Ideally tertiary qualifications in Business Administration or any related fields.
- Min 7 years' experience in procurement management, preferably in the industry minerals or raw material industry.
- Successful, multi-year track record in Purchasing.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Planning/project management skills.
- Comfortable with conflict.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Superior communication, interpersonal skills and able to work in a dual reporting matrix.
- Passion for cost reduction.
- Distinctive leadership.
- Must be results-driven, with business acumen and customer-focused.
- Fluent in English.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at https://www.sibelco.com/careers/.
Enquiries from candidates can be made to Kelly Liang at email@example.com