Regional Change Agent (lean manufacturing/Optimisation) (Malaysia or Indonesia) | Malaysia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth, and a great organizational culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are currently seeking two Regional Change Agent to join our Operations Optimisation team, to be based in our Kemaman office, Malaysia or Padalarang office, Indonesia. Reporting into the Operations Optimisation Manager, APAC; this role is to lead the delivery of the global productivity workshops within the Asian region by leadership at the site level. The role will succeed by influencing teams and embedding new practices and processes aimed at generating value.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Activity support and lead safety initiatives within the business.
- Take a regional lead for the delivery of a global operations optimisation model.
- Train employees to develop knowledge in our energy and maintenance handbooks and applying tools from these handbooks on their site.
- Coach and mentor site change agents in implementing lean manufacturing practices
- Initially join a team in the implementation of a site based program focused on identifying and eliminating waste. Following the first program, take the lead for future implementation programs at other sites within the APAC region.
- Monitor and track delivery of operational optimisation projects. Assist and support local teams in the screening, preparation and submission of value creation initiatives.
Key Outcomes Include;
- Site productivity programs completed as per the handbook and productivity projects initiated to generate value in each work stream.
- Operational site capability increased with training and coaching in lean manufacturing principals. Delivering a continuous improvement capability and ongoing methodology of defining and delivering value adding projects.
Key Requirements Include;
- Lean manufacturing training, six sigma green belt or higher.
- Proven track record in lean manufacturing implementation, preferably in the industry minerals, lime or manufacturing industry.
- Project and time management experience.
- Problem solving skills. Able to operate with working hypotheses
- Senior leadership or transformation change roles in one of energy, maintenance or productivity.
- Proven facilitation experience
- Qualified Trainer would be advantageous
- Ability to travel and spend 12 weeks on one site for the length of a program.
- Comprehend vision, mission and values of Sibelco.
- Must be results-driven, with business acumen and customer-focused.
- Fluent in English
- Global Operations Optimisation team members – Professional network to support program delivery.
- Senior Operations Managers – Governance on program.
- Energy and maintenance managers – Work stream experts
- Operations Managers – Mentoring, coaching and ownership of program outcomes.
- Workshop team members – Coaching and mentoring in program and delivery of schedule.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at https://www.sibelco.com/careers/. Enquiries from candidates can be made to Kelly Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org