Process Engineer (Recycling) - Compiegne or Soissons | France
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Process Engineer - Recycling.docx (Word, 200KB)
ing￩nieur proc￩d￩.docx (Word, 195KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Oct-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
For more than 25 years, Sibelco has been the leader in the collection and recycling of all types of glass. Our job: to promote sustainable development and closed loop recycling.
Sibelco dedicates its energy and resources to the improvement of glass processing processes with 5 objectives:
- Produce a high purity cullet directly usable by the glassmaker.
- Separate the cullet by colour to maximize its recycling in the glass industry.
- Valuing all co-products (metals, plastics, paper, ceramics) generated during processing.
- Reduce the ecological impact of our activities while recycling our own waste.
- Integrate Hygiene Safety and Environment (HSE) issues into the design of our production processes.
Sibelco also recycles materials to transform into abrasives for blasting applications (cleaning of surfaces).
We are looking for an experienced Process Engineer to be responsible for the process design, implementation and start up across the multiple Sibelco sites (up to 50% travel)
This is project-oriented role which will give you the opportunity to travel to our different sites; domestic and abroad. You will distribute your time mainly between France and Belgium, but travelling mainly over Europe will enable you to explore our operations and meet our highly talented and experienced people.
Depending on your home location, your main office can be based in either Compiègne or Soissons.
- Manage projects from idea to preliminary engineering by:
- Checking technical and economic feasibility of the project.
- Organising trials (lab and/or industrial)
- Using simulation software to develop the process
- Initiating budget Capex calculation based on the defined scope
- Assist during project commissioning by assisting in the training of operators and transferring the project to Operations
- Support innovation by conducting lab trials, equipment trials and examine new technological solutions
- Analyse technical equipment, quality, production and operational data following Sibelco Process Audit Guidelines and reports recommendations
- Provides technical assistance in case of production issues or customer complaints and advises on how to maximize efficiency of existing installations by suggesting improvements and debottlenecking
Strong respect for Work place Health and Safety is essential.
Strong spoken and written English skills are essential
Proven experience in:
- improving industrial processes (to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability),
- adapting to changing conditions,
- developing new procedures, and policies to increase efficiency in all operations.
Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously
Previous factory experience in domains such as manufacturing, industrial or chemical environment
Excellent technical skills
Prior knowledge of tools such as MS Project, CAD and process simulation software (E.g. Usim Pac, Metsim)
Ability to motivate & influence people
Ability to think out of the box, innovate and be hands-on
Willingness to travel
We recognise that the right people are the key to the success of our business, and our culture is integral to our strategy. We encourage a culture of building positive relationships, speaking up, exploring new possibilities and delivering on promises, and look for employees with the best skills who can be role models in this environment. If you strive for improvement, welcome change and would like to contribute to Sibelco's worldwide success, click apply to be formally considered for this role.
If you would like to discuss this position before applying please contact Michelle Lucas at on +33 (0)610014406 or via firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 21st of October 2018.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.