Health&Safety Business Partner - Geertruidenberg | Netherlands
|Category:||Safety & Environmental|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| HS BP NL Job Spec DV.docx (Word, 200KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Oct-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
The Dutch organisation (320 employees) has production facilities in Maastricht (2x), Geertruidenberg, Heerlen, Dordrecht, Papendrecht, Wessem and Winterswijk.
This role will be based at our Geertruidenberg site and will involve some local travel.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Officer who enjoys the hands on work but is also ready to take a step up and start dealing with the implementation of the organisation's HS Global strategy around the Netherland sites and the administration that goes with such a task.
As a real hands on person, you like working with people and see H&S as a people management role that helps ensure the correct application of company procedures and policies, that encourages safe behaviours and discourages risky behaviours.
In this role you will be responsible for safeguarding the interest of our employees and our business by establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy work place for every employee in Sibelco. This will be achieved by:
• Providing the necessary operational Safety & Health support for different sites in Netherlands
• Assist site managers and/or HS officers to define and monitor HS capex or opex needs based on compliance and audit results
• Monitor and identify local Health and Safety laws and regulations, that may have a potential impact on the business and effectively communicate to all relevant stakeholders.
• Coach and train HS officers within Netherlands
• Train and apply the correct risk assessment methodology to assess exposure to physical, chemical and biological hazards
• Review level 1 incident investigations and support the sites in Level 2 incident investigations to ensure correct identification of controls for the organisational and immediate failed defences
• Plan, coordinate and manage the activities within the global HS program for the Netherlands
• Provide Reports on HS performance in Netherlands to different stakeholders
• Communication is key to this role; so Fluency in Dutch and English (spoken and written) is essential
• Previous experience working as a Safety Officer preferably in an industrial environment
• Project management skills
• Strong coaching and influencing skills
• Analytical mind - ability to synthetize to essence
• Knowledgeable of Safety & Health practices and Netherland legislation guidelines
• Ideally Degree qualified in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Health or related discipline
We recognise that the right people are the key to the success of our business, and our culture is integral to our strategy. We encourage a culture of building positive relationships, speaking up, exploring new possibilities and delivering on promises, and look for employees with the best skills who can be role models in this environment. If you strive for improvement, welcome change and would like to contribute to Sibelco's worldwide success, click apply to be formally considered for this role.
If you would like to discuss this position before applying please contact Michelle Lucas at on +33 (0)610014406 or via email@example.com . Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 21st of October 2018.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.