Sustainability Manager - Finland | Finland
|Category:||Safety & Environmental|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Sustainability Manager - Finland.docx (Word, 189KB)
|Application Close Date:||06-Jan-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Sibelco recognises the need to source talent from a variety of locations as a result the position can be based at any of the following Sibelco sites in Finland: ESPOO or KIMITO or NILSIA
Sustainability at Sibelco:
Sustainable development and responsible business practices are some of the core values that guide Sibelco. We recognize that today's decisions can have long-term consequences, and we need to proactively manage our operations and resources to ensure a beneficial and sustainable future for our employees, customers, community members and stakeholders.
As Sustainability Manager you will support Sibelco in delivering leading Sustainability and Environmental performance by balancing short and long term priorities to drive Sibelco's sustainability medium to long term view in Finland enduring value to our stakeholders and business.
You will be the internal expert and project leader of permits, compliance and risk management within the environmental field and our representative when interacting with authorities, land neighbors and other stakeholders.
The role's key accountabilities will involve:
• Managing strategic permitting for the operations within Finland to assure the legal and social license to operate
• Managing environmental and sustainability compliance and risks
• Managing legacy and continuing access to land
• Stakeholder engagement and reputation; proactively engage with stakeholders at different levels
- A good communicator and negotiator? Able to work with stakeholders (building trust, negotiating, resolving conflict, thinking outside the box) to achieve shared outcomes.
- Detail oriented?
- Passionate about sustainability?
- Comfortable with spoken and written Finnish and English? (Sweedish would also be an advantage)
Do you have the following experience :
• Significant experience in sustainability/environmental management in a relevant industry or market (mining, authorities, environmental consultancy, other heavy industry)
• Knowledge of environment & sustainability laws concerning water, air emission, land use, mining, quarries and biodiversity
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant regulatory requirements and demonstrated experience working with governments/authorities regulators.
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Knowledge of GIS, experience using GIS would be advantageous.
Then this role could be for you!
When you join Sibelco, you have the opportunity to build an exceptional career. You will be part of an international organization that has a clear vision, common goals and a purposeful and compelling workplace culture. Click APPLY to get started.
To find out more about Sibelco's outlook on sustainability visit: https://www.sibelco.com/sustainability/
Sibelco are proud to share that news that at the recent IMA-Europe Recognition Awards an independent expert jury awarded Sibelco Belgium/UK/Netherlands the Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services Award for the project “Heathland Restoration in a whole-of-life approach”. Read more here: https://www.ima-europe.eu/award/award
To discuss the role further before applying contact Michelle Lucas +33610014406 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sibelco recognize the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.