Sustainability Officer - France | France
|Category:||Safety & Environmental|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Sustainability Officer - France vf.docx (Word, 190KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Dec-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Courbevoie, Paris, France. However, Sibelco recognises the need to source talent from a variety of locations and may consider the possibility of positioning this role out of a different French site on a case by case basis.
Sustainability at Sibelco:
Sustainable development and responsible business practices are some of the core values that guide Sibelco. We recognise that today's decisions can have long-term consequences, and we need to proactively manage our operations and resources to ensure a beneficial and sustainable future for our employees, customers, community members and stakeholders.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled person who can bring confidence and energy to the pursuit of new possibilities to join our team in France and work under the direction of the Sustainability Manager.
In the role of Sustainability Officer, you would play an active role in implementing the medium to long term view on sustainability of Sibelco in the country and bring expertise, objectivity and alignment in sustainability to the local level. The role will involve responsibilities such as:
- Monitoring, supporting and coordinating the environment, permitting and rehabilitation processes on a local level to ensure full compliance with legislation and minimize the environmental impact of our activities.
- Mentoring of local operations managers and quarry managers on implementation of permits and environmental or sustainability issues
- Implementing policies, guidelines and strategies from Corporate Sustainability
- Supporting the local Sustainability manager with the monitoring and coordinating the land and asset management on local level.
- Supporting the Sustainability Manager with the proactive engagement with local communities and key stakeholders (governments, administrations, NGOs, …)
- Minimizing the environmental impact on the community (under supervision)
- Coordinating and managing local processes on external communication and representation concerning the responsibilities on sustainability.
- A good negotiator? Able to work with stakeholders (building trust, negotiating, resolving conflict, thinking outside the box) to achieve shared outcomes.
- Passionate about sustainability
- Comfortable with spoken and written French and English?
Are you a graduate from an environment related field with a first professional experience relating to environmental and planning legislation, regulation, permitting, biodiversity or managing of land/assets, now looking for the next step?
Then this role could be for you!
When you join Sibelco, you have the opportunity to build an exceptional career. You will be part of an international organisation that has a clear vision, common goals and a purposeful and compelling workplace culture. Click APPLY to get started.
To find out more about Sibelco's outlook on sustainability visit: https://www.sibelco.com/sustainability/
Sibelco are proud to share that news that at the recent IMA-Europe Recognition Awards an independent expert jury awarded Sibelco Belgium/UK/Netherlands the Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services Award for the project “Heathland Restoration in a whole-of-life approach”. Read more here: https://www.ima-europe.eu/award/award
To discuss the role further before applying contact Michelle Lucas +33610014406 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.