Domestic Logistics Officer (Taichung, Taiwan) | Taiwan
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Mar-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Mineral Solutions Company. We are market-driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling cultural.
We are currently seeking a Domestic Logistics Officer to join our Supply Chain team on a permanent fulltime basis, to be based in our Taichung office, Taiwan.
Reporting to the Domestic Logistics & Purchasing Manager. The purpose of this key role is to:
- The Domestic Logistic Officer contributes to the Supply Chain improvement projects, cost monitoring, service levels and Supply Chain processes in the country and liaises with peers in other countries.
- He/she supports the Domestic Logistics & Purchasing Manager in the design of the Supply Chain processes in collaboration with the local Production Operation Services teams.
- Supports the implementation of the Supply Chain strategy by executing the action plans based on cost reduction (improve efficiency) and better service (customer satisfaction and better performance).
- Supports and facilitates the Planning & Scheduling activities (e.g. Sales & Operational Planning – S&OP) that must evolve towards a strategic Supply Planning vehicle to allow a better use of our assets and resources.
- Engages actively in the re-design and implementation of the material Flow concept to achieve the most cost effective and seamless supplies to customers/platforms.
- Supports the Domestic Logistics & Purchasing Manager in collaboration with the other Purchasing & Network Logistics Manager and Domestic Logistics Managers to acquire alternative network concepts for logistic practices to implement good country's contracts with key logistics & transport vendors (warehousing, road, train, barge and intermodal…).
- Uses the ERP functionalities available, to monitor progress in cost, to guide in cost reduction / to assist in planning effectiveness, while reporting on KPIs and introduce new routines to automatize and improve processes.
- Collaborates with the Customer Service team and the Production Operation Services teams to understand in depth the order fulfilment activities.
- Collaborates with the Production Scheduling team to understand in depth the production capacity and capability.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Support the Domestic Logistics & Purchasing Manager to ensure that the Supply Chain processes are implemented (e.g. S&OP processes) in an efficient and coherent way and drive implementation of operational excellence in the scope of responsibility. Implement locally the Supply Chain strategy which has been agreed at the Regional level.
- Contribute to cost optimization within the scope of responsibility as well as with peers in other countries.
- Facilitate analysis and suggest improvements.
Key Requirements Include;
- Technical expertise in Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Import/Export
- Experience within a production environment and/or in a marketing and sales function.
- Experience in QHSE management systems and distribution safety.
- Hands-on mentality
- Must be fluent in English, in both written and verbal communication.
- Possess strong knowledge and skill of Supply Chain methodology including S&OP
- Possess know-how and strong skill in Local / Trans border and International documentation and legislation.
- Possess strong skill in Microsoft Office and data manipulation.
- Ability to interact with ERP experts and system environment
- Knowledge of documents related to insurance policies and risk management
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com/careers/
Enquiries from candidates can be made to Kelly Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org