Trade House Lead South West of Europe | Please Select
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| South West of Europe Trade House Lead Ad.pdf (PDF, 641KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Apr-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
This position being one that involves a significant amount of work related travel (approx. 75%), Sibelco is very flexible about the home base of the successful candidate as long as it is well connected for travel purposes within the Sibelco EMEA South & Western countries: Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Egypt, etc
Performance Minerals – a profit generating platform that explores and executes new business models as part of Sibelco's long-term growth strategy – is being established within Sibelco.
Performance Minerals has a focus on a minerals-to-market (push) approach and its primary aim is to accelerate the growth of existing performance minerals (e.g. lithium bearing minerals, zircon, iron oxide, chromite and manganese) across our markets through the business line (BL) sales teams in agreement with the BL leaders.
Secondly, it aims to identify and grow potential new sources of business for Sibelco that lie beyond the immediate focus of Sibelco's Business Units/Business Lines. This includes adoption of new minerals as well as finding relevant new markets for minerals that we already have in our current portfolio.
Thirdly, the Performance Minerals platform will broaden our knowledge base of additional minerals functionalities beyond Sibelco's traditional portfolio.
One of the ways Performance Minerals aims to achieve these goals is through establishing its own trading capabilities.
- Build and maintain external network of suppliers, innovative companies with potentially interesting solutions (M&A or otherwise);
- Manage and maintain Sibelco traded minerals portfolio, defining strategies for developing Sibelco market foot print for specific minerals; Example (not limited to):
Tier 1 materials - Zircon, Rutile, Chromite, Lithium, Manganese, Pigments/colorants;
Tier 2 materials – Fused Silica, Fused alumina, BaCO3, Talc, Graphite, Mica, …;
- Ensure strong link with Sourcing of Minerals of Sibelco and externally;
- Set up Sibelco Supply chain delivery network of relevant material;
- With help of Finance department maintain view and control over working capital;
- Co- develop and implement an ambitious strategy for BU/BLs to address innovative material solution related growth potential within various markets and geographies;
- Develop and maintain a supporting functions network;
Skills and experience:
• Significant experience in the industrial minerals industry with at least a basic understanding of:
- industrial and mining technologies
- chemistry and physics
• Strong networking skills with the ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships at all levels
• Extensive experience in a commercial role
• Fluent in written & spoken English
• Prepared to travel extensively
• Strong negotiator
• Result Driven
Please submit your application online via the link to be formally considered for our role.
If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Michelle Lucas on firstname.lastname@example.org or +33610014406. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 31st of March.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.