Automation Engineer | Italy
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Automation Engineer.pdf (PDF, 649KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Apr-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Location: Robilante or Borgo San Dalmazzo, Italy
Context of the role
Engineering is responsible for implementing and reporting on assigned Engineering Projects. The local Engineering team is responsible for delivering projects on time, within scope and on budget.
Global Digitalisation & Automation is responsible for leading the involvement of our function in all Industry 4.0 initiatives, and all digitalisation projects with connections to process control and automation at Sibelco operational sites.
Reporting to the Global System & Service Engineering Leader, you will have the opportunity to contribute to projects located across the globe and at varying stages of the design life-cycle from feasibility studies through to commissioning.
Your outstanding communications skills will help you shine in this exciting and challenging role, for you will be central in the relationship between Sibelco's Operations (and the production & process needs that they have), Engineering and the Digitalization team to bring to life IoT concepts
This is an exciting opportunity for a team player who loves to explore new ideas and possibilities.
Work with a team of engineers globally, the role will involve:
- Definition of electrical controls, automation and drive concepts including IT interfaces for new greenfield or brownfield plants
- Definition of how computers behaves: Active directories, standard networking, central user management, Policies, SCADA, transfer of information to ERP level…
- Establishing communication between IT System and OT Systems
- Definition of the communication protocols to use (e.g. OPC) between plant floors device (PLCs, DCSs and HMIS, Process Historians, etc.
- Experience with Industrial Automation tools
- Previous work experience in an industrial environment (manufacturing or heavy industry)
- Good knowledge of Windows operating systems & databases (SQL Server / Oracle)
- Basic Knowledge of Siemens tools (Step 7, TIA) and Wonderware platform
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Controls/Automation or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of English & French is essential, Italian would be a plus
- Excellent communication & Project Management skills
- Multi-task and keep track of simultaneous on-going projects
- Understand variety of processes and interactive flows
- Team player
- Pragmatic approach
- Understand the totally of the business situation
- Good communication skills on different levels in organization
- Build effective relationships with colleagues, administration and customers
To be formally considered for this role click apply and submit your CV and cover letter via our recruitment portal.
If you would like to discuss this position before applying please contact Michelle Lucas via firstname.lastname@example.org or +33610014406. Please note we will not be requiring agency services for this recruitment.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 31st of March.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.