Senior Buyer / Purchaser - ￇine, Turkey | Turkey
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Buyer / Purchaser to be based at our Çine HQ, near Aydin who will join our global Purchasing Group to manage the local purchasing activities in close cooperation with the Regional Procurement lead and our team of Category Managers.
This is an exciting role where you will lead the local purchasing activities to ensure Sibelco obtains the most competitive pricing for its external purchases and services, striving for lowest Total Cost of Ownership driving value for stakeholders, while meeting defined quality and sustainability standards.
- Be responsible for all operational and transactional purchasing activities in the country down to site level, ensuring that all purchasing activities are in line with the regional and global category contracts.
- Implement the Procurement Operating Model in the country; Implement the agreed standardized purchasing processes and drive best practices in the country.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the country's spend, supplier base and purchasing needs; Develop relationships with the key suppliers.
- Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g. Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Energy, etc.) to develop effective cost reduction implementation plans.
- Lead the country purchasing team and manage their performance. Leads by example acting as a role model in safety and the Sibelco Behaviours.
Key Attributes Required:
- Demonstrated successful, multi-year track record in Purchasing
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills. Planning/project management skills.
- Strong negotiating skills and a passion for cost reduction
- Superior communication, interpersonal skills and able to work in a matrix organisation, both in local language and English
We are unable to relocate candidates or offer ‘fly in / fly out' arrangements so encourage applications from those who can commute to our site.
Please submit your application online to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Neil Shafe at email@example.com or +44 1626 322 356. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is Monday 10th June.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.