Accounting Manager (Kota Damansara, Malaysia) | Malaysia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Feb-2020|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market-driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for a committed and capable Accounting Manager to join our team located at Kota Damansara, Malaysia
Reporting to the Country Finance Manager, the Accounting Manager will be managing the overall accounting function in the company and provide leadership to the local team.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Direct and monitor timely and accurate reporting of financial reports for submission to the Head Office.
- Carry out analysis of the business unit's financial performance, report and recommend appropriate action.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with group policies and requirement.
- Supervise/support Plant Accounts Officer and back up Costing Executive.
- Prepare Detailed Balance Sheet Schedule • Liaise with internal & external auditor
Costing & Inventory
- Ensure product standard cost is reviewed frequently.
- Review standard cost simulation with analysis of the cost movement with reasons between existing and new costs.
- Monitor and responsible for variance analysis between standard and actual costs.
- Work closely with Operation Team to validate inventory book value is in accordance with the physical inventory balance on a regular basis.
- Follow-up on stock obsolescence if any.
- Supporting commercial/operations in products gross margin analysis.
- Manage periodic stock take for all plants and quarries.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Communicate and organize with various departments involved in the budget/forecast requirements and inputs.
- Perform budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis, review of pricing are in accordance with the group policies.
- Direct and implement cost-effectiveness initiatives, which are in line with the company's strategies and plans.
- Plan, direct and monitor capital expenditure spending.
Fixed Assets Management
- Maintain fixed assets register list.
- Ensure depreciation is properly run and captured.
- Conduct impairment analysis and review when necessary.
- Responsible for Capex reporting.
Management of Information System
- To ensure the implementation of the Management Information System in line with Sibelco Group direction and requirement and the country's needs.
- Manage Business analysis reports required by the Group and Local.
- Ensure implementation of Sibelco core values.
- Manage subordinates' task and responsibility allocation.
- Manage the performance of subordinates.
- Identify and develop talents.
- Able to manage upward and downward. Deferred Tax
- Responsible for quarterly deferred tax computation.
- Ensure deferred tax reporting is done correctly in group consolidation and reporting system.
- Support on ad-hoc requests by management for analysis, reports, studies and etc.
- Support the tax audit process.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Possess a minimum of Bachelor Degree in Accounting and Finance or any equivalent professional Degree certifications;
- More than 3 years of Managerial experience in a similar position with team management exposure.
- Leadership skill is essential - able to lead a multi-cultural team
- Experience in using any ERP system
- Preferably experience within a production/manufacturing environment
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills, enabling innovative solutions and sound decision making and recommendations
- Local language, excellent English skills are a must, any additional language an advantage