Polymers Scientist: Maastricht | Netherlands
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Polymers Scientist.docx (Word, 189KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We currently have a vacancy for a Polymers Scientist based at our high profile Maastricht facility to support the optimization of our current minerals and future/new materials.
This important, technical role will evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering/scientific techniques, processes, and criteria, using judgement in making minor adaptations and modifications for materials within our Polymers market.
- Receives instruction on specific assignment objectives, technical assistance on complex features, and possible solutions. Work is reviewed by seasoned professionals for technical quality.
- Project management and new product development
- Performs work that involves conventional types of plans, surveys, structures, etc
- Development of ‘scientific' tools to be used by our Technical Sales Manager
- Literature scans for specific polymers research projects
- Represent Sibelco at scientific conferences by participating in research talks, networking and identification of partnerships
- Engage and advise lab technicians to coordinate lab activities
Key Attributes Required:
- Minimum Degree educated in chemistry or related study. MSc and PhD would be an advantage
- Languages: fluent in English & Dutch.
- Demonstrated scientific experience within the Polymers market
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn about our business and products
Please submit your application online to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Neil Shafe at email@example.com or +44 1626 322 356. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is 7th July 2019.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.