Technical Development Manager: Maastricht | Netherlands
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| ADM Polymers.pdf (PDF, 515KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We currently have a vacancy for a Technical Development Manager, which internally will be called the Applications Development Manager, who will own the coordination and implementation of projects for our Coatings market within our Technology and Innovation function based from our Maastricht office in The Netherlands.
Our Technology and Innovation function goes beyond what is traditionally referred to as R&D and turns it into value in the form of a successful new or improved process, material solution or business model.
Our exciting role will be responsible for contributing to and reviewing the project proposals or plans to determine timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and available resources to various phases of the project for our Coatings market working with materials including cristobalite, feldspar, magnetite and silica sand.
- Defines/designs activities, starting from existing solutions
- Coordinates a small team of specialists to implement project tasks
- Provides the interface and maintains a confident relationship with other contributors to the project
- Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters
- Negotiates minor changes to project scope or specification with the project sponsor/client
- Assign, manage, report activities/requests
- Lead the technical development by bringing fresh ideas and seek new business opportunities
Key Attributes Required:
- Degree in engineering or chemistry related study
- Experience within the coatings market and materials which are used within this market
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn about our organisation and products
- Able to manage people, budgets and a timeline and be able to influence outcomes
- Able to contribute to group discussions, build relationships and have a desire to explore possibilities
Please submit your application online to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Neil Shafe at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 1626 322 356. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is 7th July 2019.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.