Demand Planner, Asia (Flexible location: Malaysia or Taiwan or Thailand) | Malaysia
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Oct-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We currently have a vacancy for a Demand Planner within our Supply Chain function to be based at one of our key sites either in either Kota Damansara, Malaysia or Taichung, Taiwan or Bangkadi, Thailand. Our demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products as a key input into the S&OP Process.
The role of the Demand Planner is to create an operational monthly rolling demand plan as well as a long-term forecast by collecting and preparing historic sales as a basis, applying statistics, and incorporating stakeholder inputs to the statistical forecast. He/she is also to apply analytics to improve the forecasting accuracy in a systematic way (e.g., by optimizing the parameter settings of the statistical functions used and the selection of the best statistics, by segmenting the portfolio and focusing manual inputs, etc.) and ensure consensus forecast between all stakeholders.
The overall objective of the Demand Planner is to provide a 6 to 18 months forward plan of third party demands to enable the organisation (e.g., Operations, Supply Chain, Sales, etc.) to improve their planning to optimize overall profit through reduction of cost (e.g., avoiding rush orders and overtime), reduction of inventories (e.g., reduction of required safety stocks, avoiding excess stock), and revenue uplift (e.g., increased sales through sales push as reaction to supply/demand gap or reduction of lost sales).
This is an attractive role which covers our Asia region and is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. We are looking for someone who is motivated and ambitious about progressing within Sibelco.
- The Demand Planner is to create a segmentation of product and customer portfolio in order to apply the right demand planning policies (e.g., segmenting by forecast ability, effect of manual inputs, etc.).
- Apply the optimal statistical forecasting models by SKU/SKU-customer combination and determine the optimal parameter settings, supported by a forecasting tool.
- Be responsible for collecting, quality checking and updating historic sales data from various systems; for collecting input from sales teams through the manual demand validation process (sales targets, new business, lost business, prospects, etc.); and for consolidating forecasts into a final third-party demand dissected to plant level.
- Through regular demand validation meetings with Sales, the Demand Planner is responsible for reviewing actual demands and current forecasts, reacting on variances, and together with Sales working on improving the accuracy of the forecasting.
- Be responsible for regularly/monthly tracking and analyzing of the achieved forecasting performance, identifying root causes for deviations, and generating improvements in a continuous improvement approach.
- Act as first contact in Supply Chain with respect to demand management, and as first contact for Sales with respect to help and support on monthly forecasting process, and training of tools to be used.
- Act as contact towards OM Partner (a forecasting software company) on all IT related matters involving the forecasting tool (OMP+) and its interface with existing IT systems like e.g SAP and M3.
Key Attributes Required:
- Demonstrated experience in demand planning for a multi-national organisation
- Experience of using an advanced forecasting system (e.g., OMP+, SAP or others)
- Good knowledge of advanced Excel (model building) and other forecasting tools
- Good understanding of minerals mining industry is a plus
- Fluent in business English. Any other language skill is an asset
- A flexible approach that can adapt quickly to change
- Strong relationship and stakeholder skills which compliment a team player attitude
Please submit your application online to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Kelly Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org.Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is Friday 16th August.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.