Technical Manager Construction Road and Rail | Netherlands
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Sep-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Sibelco seeks a person with a technical background in (road-)construction and in material composition together with strong commercial instincts to join the business and take responsibility for the support and growth of Sibelco's involvement in (road-)construction in the Netherlands and Belgium. The current market position include the development of filler composites from natural and secondary materials such as calcium carbonates and ashes for use in asphalt.
You would be responsible for combining your existing and growing network, Sibelco's global knowledge and know how and your understanding of the customers' needs in the short, mid and long term to support the current activities and develop new products and markets.
The strategic priorities of the role involve:
* Understanding customer's need and future market requirements
* Supporting the commercial team technically to maintain and develop our activities
* Driving new product and composite development based on identified natural and secondary materials
* Building an actionable network – industry experts, trade associations, etc
As Technical Sales Manager you will:
* Understand and explain value proposition
* Coordinate with the commercial team & business partner(s)
* Have significant presence at clients
* Offer technical support to customers
* Develop new products and composites
* Report on opportunities pipeline
* Scouting for new technology advances
* Represent Sibelco in trade associations, at conferences, public events, training, etc
* Lead by example on HSE standards and develop more
About you. Do you have:
- A strong understanding of composite materials (understanding and/or experience of their uses in the (road-)construction industry would be highly regarded)?
- A strong business acumen, excellent communication skills & an inquisitive mind?
- Business level written and spoken Dutch & English (French is a plus)?
- A willingness and ability to travel regularly within the Benelux region?
Then this could be the role for you!
Please submit your application by clicking the link and registering on our recruitment portal to be formally considered for our role.
If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Michelle Lucas on email@example.com or +33 610014406.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.