Country Finance Manager | France
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Sep-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Sibelco has approximately 20 sites across France specializing in 3 different products: silica sand, minerals from the sea and glass recycling
Location: Courbevoie, France
Reporting to the Accounting and Controls Europe Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for a finance professional with good leadership skills to take on this role as the manager of a team of 7. You will have the responsibility for:
• Accounting data integrity and the preparation of financial statements and other statutory reports.
• Tax reporting and treasury management in coordination with Group Treasury.
• Analyzing financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data and recommending actions.
• Manage local accounting and control team
• Manage and coordinate the annual external audit process
• Actively monitor key controls tasks
• Direct and coordinate the preparation of financial reporting according to IFRS, Sibelco Group reporting and statutory requirements
• Keep abreast of changes in local accounting and tax regulations
• Direct and coordinate the preparation of tax reporting
• Manage tax inspections
• Manage treasury function in coordination with Group Treasury Expert
• Support the Financial Analyst in his/her tasks (product cost calculations, financial status identification, guiding cost analysis process)
• Support Global FP&A team, plant managers and other relevant stakeholders
• Support Operations and Supply Chain in improving inventory management including period stock takes and surveys, reconciliations, periodic reviews of obsolete and slow moving inventory and recommendation for write-offs
• Ensure database are timely updated and integrity checks performed
• Analyze, interpret data and make comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
• Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
• Coordinate ‘day to day' legal corporate work and litigation/insurance matters with the support of inhouse legal function and/or external local counsel
Key Skills and Experiences
• Significant technical expertise in French finance and accounting
• Fluent business level French and English
• Continuous improvement of finance and cross functional processes and practices
• Good leadership skills
• ERP experience (M3, SAP or other)
• Practical and technical understanding of local tax legislation
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.