Cost Accountant - Charlotte, North Carolina (US) | Belgium
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Cost Accountant job description (003).docx (Word, 188KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Sep-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Sibelco North America is currently seeking a Cost Accountant who will have a positive impact on the Finance team at its Charlotte, NC location. As the direct report to the Accounting Manager you will be responsible for assisting in all areas relating to financial reporting. The Cost Accountant has the responsibility to analyze and verify financial information accuracy and compliance while maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
The Successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a global project team and act as the key user for SAP implementation in the US with intermittent travel to our Spruce Pine site, and possibly internationally, where you will meet experts and gain exposure to our impressive mining operation.
- Cost Accounting activities including product costing, absorption and cost per ton calculations, updating inventory value and evaluation of inventory reserve
- Analyzing manufacturing activities and explain results by working closely with the operations team in Spruce Pine
- Communicate to upper management to explain manufacturing variances and costing issues
- Drive end-to-end close, consolidation & reporting activities
- Review, analyze and prepare monthly journal entries for month end close
- Implement and prepare account reconciliations and perform frequent account analysis to ensure accuracy of business transactions occurring in general ledger accounts and lead investigation and resolution where needed
- Recommend, implement and operate procedures regarding accounting best practices and internal controls
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related required
- Experience of Cost Accounting in a manufacturing/industrial setting required
- ERP experience required; SAP experience/implementation experience preferred
- Cost accounting experience including financial analysis, monthly close, account reconciliation and reporting within a mid to large size company ($50M+ revenue) preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in an exciting, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates creative and critical thinking skills
- Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long-Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
Sibelco recognizes the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.