Project Planning Manager - Underground processing plant | Norway
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Sep-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Location & Duration:
The position will initially be of a duration of approximately 2-3 years and it will be located in Sandvika.
Our plant at Stjernøy in the municipality of Alta in Finnmark produces the industrial mineral Nepheline Syenite for the global market. The most important uses of Nepheline Syenite is the manufacture of glass and ceramics, as well as filler in paints and plastics. The production at Stjernøy started in 1961 and it is time for a new production facility with expanded capacity.
We are looking for an experienced Project Planner to lead the project planning of our new processing plant at Stjernøy. The plant will be an underground facility and will meet all the requirements for a mining operation during the green shift.
This is an exciting, but challenging position for an experience project planner. In this role you will have the opportunity to carry out detailed project planning of our new underground operation at Stjernøy in Alta – One of our largest and most important plants.
The project will be one of the largest investment projects undertaken by the Sibelco group on a global basis.
In this position you will be responsible for
- The detailed project planning of a new complete underground processing plant at Stjernøy
- Daily responsibility for project planning, financial monitoring and management of an international group of project participants
- Coordination with the operating organization at Stjernøy
- Ensuring the project planning is carried out in accordance with the contract's terms, Sibelco's requirements and routines and the applicable laws and regulations.
- You are responsible for establishing objectives for the project and taking the necessary measures to achieve them
- Prepare and provide necessary documents both during the development and implementation phase
- Prepare and provide necessary quote requests from relevant suppliers in collaboration with our purchasing department
- Quality control, ensure that all matters with public authorities are taken care of
- Managing the project team
Qualifications and experience:
- Fluent in Norwegian and English, both verbally and written
- Master of Engineering in relevant fields such as construction, geotechnics or process engineering
- Experience in project planning of large scale construction projects, preferably in the context of a an international organizations. Experience with underground projects will be an advantage
- Good business understanding
- Very high technical understanding
- Natural authority, high integrity and result oriented
- Team leadership/management experience
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Collaborative and solution oriented
- An unique opportunity to lead the project planning of one of the most exciting projects in the Norwegian mineral industry
- A long term contract
- Possibility of further employment once the planning phase is complete
- Very good and competitive conditions
- Collaboration with a strong professional team/environment
Please submit your application by clicking the link and register on the recruitment portal to be formally considered for this role.
If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting:
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.