Purchasing Manager, Taiwan (Taichung, Taiwan) | Taiwan
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Manager, Taiwan to be located in Taichung City, Taiwan.
Reporting into the Procurement Manager, Asia; this Country Purchasing Manager manages the local purchasing organization in close cooperation with the Regional Procurement leader and the regional Category Managers. He/she leads the local purchasing activities ensuring the company obtains the most competitive pricing for its external purchases and services, striving for lowest Total Cost of Ownership while meeting defined quality and sustainability standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Purchasing processes - Be accountable for the P to P process in the country and sites. Be responsible for all operational and transactional purchasing activities in the country down to site level. Ensure that all purchasing activities are in line with the regional and global category contracts; Help resolve technical and data quality issues relating to the ERP
- Functional excellence and savings - Implement the Procurement Target Operating Model in the country; Implement the agreed standardized purchasing processes; Drive best practices in the country and share best practices with other countries; Make recommendations for country and regional agreements where synergies and value added opportunities are identified.
- Suppliers Relationships - Develop a thorough understanding of the country's spend, supplier base and purchasing needs; Develop relationships with the key suppliers; Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply and identify emerging opportunities.
- Stakeholders - Builds effective relationships with internal key stakeholders (e.g. Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Energy, etc.); Work closely with the internal stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction implementation plans. Is the key contact in the Country for all sourcing-related topics and local contact for central purchasing; Ensure early involvement of local perspective into regional category strategies.
- Leadership - Lead the country purchasing team and manage their performance; Attract, develop, and retain talent through engaging team members, coordinating regular meeting. Leads by example acting as a role model in safety and the Sibelco 4 key behaviours. plant sites through benchmarking, engaging team members, coordinating regular meeting to provide an effective forum.
The ideal applicant will:
- Have University or equivalent professional degree, in international trade or related disciplines.
- Have at least 10-year experience; successful, multi-year track record in Purchasing including previous experience or knowledge of the glass industry/ requirements.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills. Planning/project management skills. Comfortable with conflict.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Superior communication/interpersonal skills; able to work in a dual reporting matrix, both in Chinese and English.
- High integrity and able to work with people of all levels and diversity.
- Passion for cost reduction.
- Distinctive leadership.
- Speaking Japanese would be a plus.
Please submit your application online to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Kelly Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.