Communications Manager (Antwerp, Belgium) | Belgium
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Oct-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We currently have a vacancy for Communications Manager based at our Global HQ in Antwerp. This is an attractive role for someone who wants to promote and protect the reputation of the Sibelco Group and ensure that Sibelco's positioning is aligned with its mission: "Material Solutions Advancing Life.”
The Communications Manager will work as part of a multi-functional team. While the function is primarily focused on external communications, we are looking for a candidate that has a flexible skillset and who can contribute to both external and internal communications projects as required.
- Oversees the development of communications plans relating to issues facing the Sibelco group
- Ensures group-wide preparedness for crises and effective crisis communication
- Oversees Sibelco's media outreach and supports the VP Group Communications in developing media strategy and planning
- Supports Sibelco business leaders on communications issues and projects, particularly those that require external communication
- Oversees the creation and deployment of corporate content via the relevant channels for maximum stakeholder impact
- Measures and manages the effectiveness of external communications plans, projects and activities
- Has the capacity to act as company spokesperson and represent Sibelco on certain industry bodies.
Key Attributes Required:
- Collaborative and good relationship builder
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate easily and effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to act as Sibelco spokesperson or represent Sibelco on external / industry bodies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to present communication plans to senior leaders up to CEO level
- Experience in issues management and crisis communication
- Good understanding of the media landscape relating to materials and extractive industries
Please submit your application online via our careers page on our website or LinkedIn to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Kelly Liang at email@example.com. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 18th October.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.