Contract Global Indirect Category Manager | Belgium
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Attachments:|| Category Manager Indirect TEMP.docx (Word, 192KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are looking for a contract Global Category Manager for a duration between 8-10 months to work with key regional and global suppliers to ensure the best sourcing deals are in place by leveraging our global presence and buying power.
We have built an Indirect category strategy across the globe, and due to internal movements within the global team, we are looking for someone to continue to steer the category whilst seeking opportunities for further improvement as we professionalise our processes in this area.
- Develop the short, medium and long term category strategy in alignment with business requirements
- Develop the supplier relationship strategy
- Build effective relationships with internal key stakeholders. Support senior leaders with analysis of procurement strategic opportunities or risks that affect the future course of the business
- Monitor and understand the market, key players and demand drivers for the category
- Manage interaction with key global / regional suppliers
- Work together with the regional category managers and / or local buyers to implement the category strategy
- Monitor and gather spend data from various sources (such as ERP, BI, supplier info) to track performance
The ideal applicant will:
- Have demonstrated category management experience
- Have experience in specific IT category management experience
- Be collaborative with all internal and external contacts to ensure we Deliver On Promise
- Be able to demonstrate a methodical and structured approach
Sibelco offers a compelling culture in which people thrive and perform at their best across diverse nations and roles, where employees are challenged to explore possibilities and are recognized for their contribution to the company's successes.
To be formally considered for our role, please submit your application in English via the advertised platform. We can only accept applications by this method. For more information please contact Neil Shafe on +44 1626 322 356 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will not be engaging with agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 27th October.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.