Production Manager (Nonsan-si, Korea) | South Korea
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Mineral Solutions Company. We are market-driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling cultural.
We are currently seeking a Production Manager to join our Operations team on a permanent fulltime basis, to be based in our Yeonmu Plant in Nonsan-si, Korea.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, Korea. The purpose of this key role is to supervise and direct production activities to meet customer's requirements in control of manpower, materials, process and equipment to meet the production schedules and business objectives.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Direct and coordinate activities of production department focusing on the rational process control based on the statistical method.
- Control the manufacturing cost based on the company's cost managing system and financial principle and implement continuous improvement of productivity to enhance profitability.
- Review and monitor the quality of products to ensure that all products are manufactured according to quality standards and specifications and provide measures to secure competitive quality.
- Evaluates production requirements and determines production schedules, engineering, materials, and personnel needs.
- Collaborate closely with the other related departments to sustain organic coordination and efficient workflow in order to ensure customer satisfaction by on-time delivery of quality good.
- Direct and manage production supervisors, shift leaders and all plant operators to ensure correct, accurate and timely completion of production and delivery schedules.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance, and policy enforcement in compliance with company's HSE policies and regulations.
Key Requirements Include;
- Bachelor degree of Mechanical, Chemical or Material engineering
- 5 or more years of experiences in production management
- Lean manufacturing and ability to apply root cause analysis and failure analysis techniques
- Fluent in Business English
- Basic knowledge in managerial accounting (cost accounting)
- Good communication skills to interface with various teams and level of people
- Ability to analyze data, identify issues and develop recommendations
- Well-integrated personality and good leadership
- Ability to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
Please submit your application online via our careers page on our website or LinkedIn to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Hyekyong Moon at email@example.com. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 6 December.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.