Internal Auditor: Antwerp | Belgium
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Feb-2020|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We currently have a vacancy for an Internal Auditor based in Antwerp (Global HQ) to contribute to the global internal audit and risk framework.
Reporting to the VP Group Audit & Risk Management, you will by immersed into the Sibelco business to understand our processes, identify risks, review policies, test key controls, get in contact with business people at and from the various Global Sibelco entities, and provide advice in order to improve the existing business practices.
This is a great opportunity for someone with ambitions to work for a multinational organization and meet people across the world to participate in hands on activities. You will contribute to the evolution of the global strategy, assisting with the analysis of the “as is” and the “to be” situation including the strategic assessment, the maturity roadmap and development of the audit methodology and work program.
- Enterprise Risk Management assessment as basis of the preparation of the multi-year internal audit plan;
- Responsible for audit planning, execution and reporting;
- Advise business stakeholders on control best practices by providing recommendations to reduce risks and improve efficiency and financial profitability;
- Regularly interact and communicate with business management to understand business processes, discuss audit results, gain acceptance and provide advice to remediate on audit issues, also performing follow-up of open observations;
- Assist in managing the co-sourcing (internal) and out-sourcing (with third parties) Internal Audit & Risk Management activities
- Demonstrated experience in operational and financial auditing (Internal or external)
- Related degree (e.g. commercial engineering, finance etc)
- Strong English communication skills. Any other language being an asset.
- Able to travel globally (50%)
- Constructive influencer, problem finder and creative problem solver
- Effective project management skills (team player, work independently, manage time and meet deadlines)
- Certification in internal auditing (e.g. CIA, CISA) or general accounting (CA, CPA) is a plus
- Experience with SAP and data analytics considered as a plus
Please submit your application by clicking apply to be formally considered for our role. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
We will begin shortlisting on or around 14th February however we will leave applications open during the early stages of our recruitment process.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.