Data Steward, Asia (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) | Malaysia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Feb-2020|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We currently have a vacancy for a Data Steward within our Commercial Excellence function to be based at one of our key sites in Kota Damansara, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Our Data Steward is responsible for creating, modifying or deleting data within a specific domain (e.g. Procurement, Sales, Customer Service, Finance, Supply Chain) in accordance with company data standards and policies.
This is an attractive role which covers our Asia region and offering an international platform to work with colleagues from different functions within the organization. We are looking for someone who is motivated and ambitious about progressing within Sibelco.
- Ensures that master data is defined according to the Data Governance policies and standards for data objects in scope.
- Sets up data in the related applications: master and slave systems.
- Suggests/Executes the data cleansing initiatives.
- Ensure the product information is collected and validated in time with the right stakeholders.
- Challenges requests for new data creations/modifications (e.g. for completeness, duplication), accepts/rejects.
- Enters data in relevant systems: ERPs etc. Assures data flows from master system to slave systems.
- Monitor and take actions to meet the targets defined in our global SLAs (Service Level Agreement) and KPIs (Key Performance Indicator).
- Troubleshoots master data issues and resolves discrepancies.
- Suggests process improvements toward data quality, accuracy and security, under the supervision of the Governor.
- Contributes to issue resolution across data objects.
Key Attributes Required:
- Good understanding/experience of using ERP system (e.g., SAP Hana, M3).
- Good knowledge of advanced Excel, Business Intelligence tool (Power BI)
- Good understanding/experience of customer service, product management.
- Fluent in business English. Any other language skill is an asset.
- A flexible approach that can adapt quickly to change
- Strong relationship and stakeholder skills which compliment a team player attitude
- Willingness to dive into details and look for continuous data quality improvements
Please submit your application online to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Kelly Liang at email@example.com.Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Applications can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careersno later than 20 February 2020.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.