Senior Payroll Officer | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Feb-2020|
QMAG mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Seeking a capable Senior Payroll Officer for a stand alone role reporting to a HR Manager based at our Parkhurst Magnesia Plant.
The key objective of the role is to be the source of knowledge for payroll related matters and to be primarily responsible for maintaining and processing payroll data.
The Senior Payroll Officer Role will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparation and processing of pay runs using SAP and a Time in Attendance System
- Prepare reports (internal and external) and information as required
- Maintain complete, reliable and up-to-date payroll records
- Facilitate termination pays
- Ensure accurate Payment Summaries and ATO reports are distributed
- First point of contact for all Payroll related enquiries including leave balances
- Administer paperwork for all new employees and enter data into payroll and file systems
- Remain abreast legislative changes
- Respond and provide sound advice relating to payroll matters were requested by employees, supervisors or HR
- Wel maintained and accurate payroll processing and recording.
- Effective working relationships with the internal business
- Minimised payment discrepancies
- Timely and accurate information generated
- Proven experience as an payroll officer
- Effective administration skills
- Able to demonstrate a professional level communication with high attention to detail when editing and checking accuracy of documentation.
- Competent with MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Solid understanding of FWA, Enterprise Agreements and the Modern Award system.
- Experience with SAP is highly desirable.
With our Customers at the Centre, QMAG's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.