Quality Manager | United States
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Apr-2021|
belco is a global material solutions company. We transform raw materials into solutions for society: from drinking water sanitation to solar technology and from flame retardants to smartphone screens, Sibelco materials can be found all around us.
Founded back in 1872, we have grown into a multinational business with operations in around 30 countries and an extensive multi-mineral portfolio. We work with customers worldwide across a broad range of industries, delivering solutions that combine high-specification materials with dedicated technical support.
Sibelco seeks to be a great place to work. We strive for continuous improvement in the health and safety of our colleagues and we promote diversity and inclusiveness in all our activities. As well as developing products that help our customers thrive, we also look at how we can minimize environmental impact and maximize environmental opportunities. We generate economic value through innovation and our ability to meet and anticipate our customers' expectations.
Our goal is to deliver long-term social, environmental and economic value for our stakeholders continuously guided by our purpose: Material Solutions Advancing Life.
Location: Spruce Pine, NC
This position is responsible for leading the quality assurance and quality control function in Spruce Pine to meet the high-quality standards in the production of High Purity Quartz. This involves systematic transformation of the QA/QC processes, compliance with internal and external policies, enabling the organization to deliver high quality products and guiding the quality team.
- Focus on systemic quality improvement across the entire value chain, leveraging state-of-the-art quality tools and lead improvement projects
- Ensure proactive processes to prevent quality issues
- Systematically capture and implement lessons learned to minimize future errors (e.g. develop process standards)
- Ensure cross-functional cooperation to minimize errors
- Derive crisp understanding of quality issues and root causes that drive the customers' quality perception and needs and how to detect and prevent these
- Lead the development of quality systems and QA/QC strategies and ensure compliance with all internal and external policies
- Ensure solid knowledge and training on key quality tools and quality procedures across the organization
- Build systematic involvement of all populations in the organization in the quality management and improvement process
Quality team lead
- Provide ongoing leadership to direct reports and the broader organization to meet quality goals
Skills, experience and competencies required:
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading and transforming quality systems in a mining, minerals / materials processing or industrial organization.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required, preferably Chemical or Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in leading a quality function in a highly complex industrial processing company
- Deep knowledge and experience with state-of-the-art quality tools and methods (including but not limited to Lean Six Sigma, 5S, FMEA)
- For this role we are seeking candidates with deliberate decision-making skills and the passion to drive results.
- The role requires experience in both performance and process management with a strong interest in instructing and coaching.
English spoken and written skills are essential.
Sibelco offers a compelling culture in which people thrive and perform at their best across diverse nations and roles, where employees are challenged to explore possibilities and are recognized for their contribution to the company's successes.
To be formally considered for our role, please submit your application in English via the advertised platform. We can only accept applications by this method. Please note that we will not be engaging with agencies for this role.
Please click the link to be redirected to our recruitment portal so you may register your application.
For more information before applying you can contact Alexa LLerena, Contract Recruiter at Alexa.email@example.com.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.