Sales Manager | United States
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Aug-2022|
Sibelco is a global leader in material solutions. Sibelco sources, transforms and distributes specialty industrial minerals – particularly silica, clays, feldspathics and olivine – and is a leader in glass recycling. Sibelco's solutions support the progress of modern life and serve industries as diverse as glass, ceramics, construction, coatings, polymers and water purification. The Sibelco Group operates 114 production sites in 31 countries, with a team of some 5,300 people.
Location: Based from Sibelco's Charlotte office with hybrid working between visiting customers.
Positioning: Reporting to the Director Commercial Cluster Spruce Pine.
To achieve maximum profitable growth and sales objectives in line with Sibelco's vision, strategic objectives and policies. The Sales Manager is responsible for the sales of Sibelco Group products, coming from plants in the US and overseas for domestic customers.
The Sales Manager is responsible for a portfolio of $5-10M comprised of Sibelco's domestic and imported product range of industrial minerals, including feldspar, mica, cristobalite, olivine, and other imported industrial minerals. These products are used in applications such as ceramics, glass, steel, and refractory. Industry experience relating to these markets would be an advantage but the key to success are the commercial instincts and strong business acumen to develop sales from new and existing customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for sales who can formulate and implement sales tactics including price, product, and distribution channels to develop new and existing markets.
Responsibilities for the role will include but are not limited to:
- Visit customers and potential customers, find and develop new opportunities to get the highest value. Travel two weeks per month, primarily within local region.
- Develop market understanding and insights to support Sibelco's actual product portfolio and form ideas for further business development, including customer needs, competitors, trends, impact of local legislation.
- Develop an understanding of the supply chain for our imported products to own the end to end sales process.
- Provide operations and supply chain with on time information to schedule the activities for the short/medium/long term period.
- Write accurate visit reports for all visits and telephone calls and keep customer data updated in CRM and other databases.
- Develop and achieve budgeted sales targets year after year.
- Set prices and payment terms in line with Sibelco's pricing and payment structures for the region and application and achieve the end financial target; receivables, payment terms.
- Map competition to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- 3-5 years B2B sales experience, preferably in industrial minerals, chemicals, or other raw materials.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in technical field such as chemistry or materials science.
- Import and logistics experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Teams, Salesforce
- Flexible and versatile to work on different activities associated with sales.
Please click apply to register your information and contact details on the recruitment portal so one of our team can get in touch. The closing date for applications is Thursday 31st March.
Please note we will not be requiring agency services for this recruitment.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.