Director Spruce Pine Project | United States
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Director Spruce Pine Project - External.docx (Word, 599KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Aug-2022|
Sibelco is a global leader in material solutions. Sibelco sources, transforms and distributes specialty industrial minerals – particularly silica, clays, feldspathics and olivine – and is a leader in glass recycling. Sibelco's solutions support the progress of modern life and serve industries as diverse as glass, ceramics, construction, coatings, polymers and water purification. The Sibelco Group operates 114 production sites in 31 countries, with a team of some 5,300 people.
Location: Spruce Pine or Charlotte, North Carolina USA
Positioning: Reporting to the VP Major Projects Implementation
The Spruce Pine Project builds on Sibelco's market leadership position in High Purity Quartz supply transforming plant performance, innovating mineral separation technology, increasing yields and productivity and product quality enhancing Sibelco's #1 position supplying the global semi-conductor industry.
As part of Sibelco's Major Projects team, the Director Spruce Pine Project will be responsible for delivering the Spruce Pine project up on time, in budget and in line with specifications.
This will mean completing a 3-year plan, running through 2024 with very specific improvement projects in yield, OEE, quality, and profitability. And also have a 6-year plan that includes the potential for massive investment that will likely include brown-field and green-field expansion projects with multiple year outlooks.
- Leading and overseeing the project
- Managing CAPEX in the region of $25MM USD/year.
- Optimizing systems and processes and establishing a continuous improvement culture, identifying potential areas for improvement and formulating improvement concepts.
- Managing, coordinating, coaching and developing the dedicated project members (project managers, project technicians, external contractors, and engineering and construction firms), fostering well trained and motivated teams.
- Ensuring that project is undertaken in compliance with Sibelco project policies, standards and processes and adhere to legal requirements.
- Providing Safety Leadership through project team meetings and regular safety inspections of construction activities.
- Liaising with individuals and groups within and outside the organisation with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to relevant to the project.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered at high standards and in the most efficient and effective way.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant field
- Significant experience in Engineering or Construction, including managing medium sized to large capital projects of various complexity levels.
- English – proficient verbal & writing
- Other languages are an asset
Please click apply to register your information and contact details on the recruitment portal so one of our team can get in touch.
Please note we will not be requiring agency services for this recruitment.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and values difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people brings an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.