Director Supply Chain & Procurement NAM | United States
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Aug-2022|
Sibelco is a global leader in material solutions. Sibelco sources, transforms and distributes specialty industrial minerals – particularly silica, clays, feldspathics and olivine – and is a leader in glass recycling. Sibelco's solutions support the progress of modern life and serve industries as diverse as glass, ceramics, construction, coatings, polymers and water purification. The Sibelco Group operates 114 production sites in 31 countries, with a team of some 5,300 people.
Location: Spruce Pine, NC USA
Positioning: VP Operations NAM & VP Commercial NAM
For procurement: Actively participates in the strategic sourcing activities for major categories of spend – most important being chemicals, and build business cases for make/buy decisions, with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and vendor service levels. Works closely with key stakeholders in member organizations and in corporate functions to implement effective cost reduction strategies across all procurement activities.
For supply chain: Categories oversee and manage sub-regional logistics aspects, such as contributing to replenishment flows/optimization, negotiating freight contracts, tendering freight models (TL, container, shipments), LLP analyses/benchmarking, driving secondary footprint optimization within sub-region. For SC network, asses/define logistics requirements based on Demand plan by Commercial and Supply plan set by OPS), identify/resolve gaps in transportation/warehousing requirements (also through sourcing/tendering or pulling from regional contracted suppliers).
- Drive category – primary focus on bulk chemicals- strategy within sub-region and capture real savings (act as “sub-regional” category manager).
- Deploy best practices in vendor selection/negotiation/contracting.
- Monitors performances of vendors and the compliance with guidelines.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for key spend categories.
- Track performance within each spend category and define budgetary impact.
- Monitor strategy implementation and contract compliance (incl. SAP MD maintenance).
Establish best -in-class category management practice for the sub-region:
- Define category vision and strategy – primary focus on bulk chemicals.
- Assess current spend (baseline), identify opportunities & set targets.
- Set out detailed plan that will lead to a consolidation of supplier base at (sub)-regional level, creation of uniform SKUs, reduction of small order Pos, standardization of suppliers.
- Align with key stakeholders to implement the plan.
Supply Chain Management
- For SC network, assess/define logistics requirements (based on Demand plan by Commercial and Supply plan set by OPS), identify/resolve gaps in transportation/warehousing requirements (also through sourcing/tendering or pulling from regional contracted suppliers).
- For Logistics Category, act with specific expertise sub-regional logistics aspects, such as contributing to replenishment flows/optimization, tendering freight modes (FTL, container, shipments), LPP analyses/benchmarking, driving secondary footprint optimization within sub-region, oversee and optimize import flows into NAM.
- Guide and support the procurement professionals who are involved in the contract lifecycle,
- Foster well trained and motivated staff.
- Ensure the development of the team.
- Create and maintain a good work climate, stimulate empowerment, engagement, and cooperation, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion, employee well-being and continuous improvement.
- Take leadership and management responsibility by managing team and projects.
- Lead non-tender projects in the sub-region that are customer specific and sustainability.
- Provide assistance to acquisition strategies by completing due diligence and integration spend activities.
Coordination of Relationships
- Act as focal point for all SC&P related matters in the sub-region.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with Business Service Team and Customer Service Team, and with global SC/P community.
- Uphold internal and external policies, regulations, and laws.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent by experience
- A minimum of 10+ years procurement experience as a category manager or prior experience in supply chain management.
- Experience procuring bulk chemicals, such as HF or others.
- Familiarity managing ~$20M+ contracts of strategic importance.
- Proven ability to create category strategies, monitor market trends, and build business cases for make / buy decisions.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills (multiple complex analyses simultaneously)
- Proven track record of strong negotiation, project management & planning skills
Please click apply to register your information and contact details on the recruitment portal so one of our team can get in touch. Only applications and CVs in the same language as this job advert will be considered for the role.
Please note we will not be requiring agency services for this recruitment.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.