Categories Managers | Brisbane
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Dec-2017|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are seeking two permanent fulltime Category Managers to join our APAC procurement team. Reporting to the Regional Procurement Manager, the key focus of these newly created positions will be to partner with our key regional and global suppliers to ensure optimal sourcing deals are secured that leverage our international buying capability. There is flexibility to base these positions out of one of our multiple office locations located throughout Asia Pacific, including but not limited to Kota Damansara- Malaysia, Singapore, Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Develop the category strategy in alignment with the regional business requirements to develop the near, mid and long term category strategy roadmap, then develop supplier relationship strategy
- Support stakeholders with analysis of procurement strategic opportunities or risks that affect the future course of the business;
- Ensure recommended strategy, and following implementation is aligned with group business strategy and policies
- Monitor and understand our market and demand drivers for assigned category's, share category knowledge with procurement colleagues across our regions and maintain relevant understanding of external policies, regulations and laws related to the category.
- Manage interaction with key global & suppliers, ensure agreed preferred suppliers category agreements are in place, lead renegotiations or engagement of a new supplier ensuring excellent commercial outcomes
- Monitor and gather spend data from various sources (ERP, BI, supplier information) to track performance within the category, and define budgetary impact
The ideal applicant will;
- Be tertiary qualified with Category Management expertise (ideally gained within mining, heavy or manufacturing industries)
- Have a Project Management qualification (desired, not essential)
- Have demonstrated expertise in spend categories relating to:
- Travel, Insurance, IT hardware, contingent and consultancy based workforce and real-estate OR;
- Maintenance, Repair and Operations, Capex and Mining Services
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site https://www.sibelco.com/careers/ later than Friday the 22nd December 2017.