Production Supervisor | QLD Regional
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Dec-2017|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent fulltime Production Supervisor to join the team at our Tamaree Limestone Processing Plant located near Gympie, Queensland. This newly created position will support the Operations Manager by supervising production activities in the operation's lime manufacturing and distribution processes.
The role will primarily involve the organisation and supervision of plant operational employees to ensure day to day production activities are met and undertaken in accordance with company safety, quality and environmental systems and procedures. This is a day shift Monday to Friday role which will participate in an on call roster.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Lead the production team to meet targets, minimise costs and identify, review and implement process improvements.
- Liaise with the maintenance team to ensure that all equipment is safe and efficient to operate.
- Work closely with sales and administration to achieve production goals with good forward planning and engaging problem solving skills.
- Co-ordination and implementation of strategies to manage risk and ensure compliance with Environment, Health & Safety and Quality policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Investigate and make recommendations of plant improvements and manage installation of approved capital works and modification.
The ideal candidate will possess;
- Solid experience within heavy industrial plant production, minerals processing or mining production environments.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to build solid relationships within the team.
- Computer literacy in Word and Excel, experience with software Pronto preferred.
- Limestone Kiln and Hydration plant experience highly regarded.
Furthermore, with our Customers at the Centre, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise and the successful candidate will model our core behaviours and help shape this agile business.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference in gender, age, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity and sexual orientation. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge that keeps us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees, no matter our differences, to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com.aubefore Thursday 14th December 2017.