Laboratory Technician- Parkhurst | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Aug-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world- privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
Tired of the FIFO Grind? Want to be home every night? Then look no further, we are currently searching for an experienced Laboratory Technician to be based at our Magnesia processing plant located in Rockhampton QLD on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor, the key focus of this role will support the production team in achieving set targets by undertaking the analysis and management of chemical and physical testing of mineral products as well as prepare and communicate reports as required, all while ensuring the effective operation of the site laboratory in accordance with our Safety, Quality and Environmental systems and procedures.
Key responsibilities include;
- Managing the processing of samples from collection and preparation through to analysis and measurement
- Completing testing on products to ensure compliance with Quality & Procedural standards
- Ensuring laboratory databases are correct and up to date and participation of continuous improvement projects within the laboratory team
- Maintaining strong communicative relationships with our technical services division as well as external instrument suppliers to report on equipment performance
The successful candidate will;
- Possess relevant certification in Laboratory Technics
- Possess previous experience working in a Laboratory environment (wet or dry test methods)
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
With our customers at the center, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.
Sibelco recognize the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than 22 August 2019.