Quality, Safety & Environment Coordinator, Parkhurst | QLD Regional
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2018|
Sibelco Australia mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth, performance and a great organisational culture.
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Safety Environmental Coordinator, to be based at our Magnesia Processing Plant, Parkhurst, near Rockhampton, QLD.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will manage and monitor environment, OH&S and quality activities, and ensure compliance with all company, regulatory and statutory requirements. This position is responsible for maintaining the quality systems and ongoing certification to ISO9001 and FEMAS using the Company Wide Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures available in the Business Management System on all Magnesia sites in a safe and effective manner.
Responsibilities will include;
Ensure compliance with our EH&S Management System standards by developing specific systems and coordinating their implementation.
- Participate in monthly EH&S meetings with staff, employees and contractors.
- Support Magnesia to comply with quality related Sibelco BMS Procedures.
- Maintain hygiene activities by continuing monitoring and identifying any potential risks or hazards, housekeeping standards, dust and noise emissions and keep accurate logs, records and reports.
- Actively assist with the investigations into Customer Complaints, Production Incidents and non-conformances.
- Maintain Quality System records.
- Load quality related action plans into Site Action Management (SAM) System.
- Document Control system maintenance.
- Co-Ordinate all audits required to be conducted on Magnesia sites.
- Maintain meeting minutes related to the Quality System.
- Co-Ordinate and encourage Continuous Improvement Suggestion program.
- Liase with Business Systems Advisors in relation to the Quality System.
Requirements for the position;
The successful candidate will hold formal qualifications in OH&S, Environmental Science or relevant discipline or similar Safety, Environmental or Quality experience preferably gained within a mining, manufacturing or heavy industrial environment.
- Experience in the production or manufacturing environment will be highly regarded.
- ISO9000 and HACCP system maintenance.
- Completing Internal Audits.
- Experience writing internal Policies and Procedures.
- Statistical Process Control experience.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
Furthermore, with our Customers at the Centre, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise and the successful candidate will model our core behaviours and help shape this agile business.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge that keeps us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com/careers/ no later than Friday 24th November 2017.
To apply please click on the "Apply" button below and complete our online application form.