Operator | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Mar-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for a fixed term Operator to be based at our Mineral Sands Enterprise operation on North Stradbroke Island, QLD. The position will work a Monday - Friday roster from 7am – 3.30pm.
A key requirement of the role is the monitoring and maintenance of site operations (sluicing, water supply, mining, tailings disposal, mineral separation, etc) to ensure safe and environmentally sustainable production.
The successful candidate should have:
- Competency and experience in mobile equipment operation namely Dozer, Excavator and Front End Loader is desired, however not critical.
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge.
- The ability to plan, organise and undertake work in a methodical manner.
- A good work ethic and enjoy working within a team.
- Be physically fit.
- A positive attitude towards safety and experience in conducting risk assessments is highly regarded.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office.
- A current manual driver's licence.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent to www.sibelco.com/careers no later than 23rd March 2018.