Mechanical Engineer - Braeside | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Mar-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth, performance and a great organisational culture.
We are currently recruiting for permanent fulltime Mechanical Engineer with experience in Materials Handling in a processing environment with a basic understanding of Project Management with a flexible location.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Research and analyze plant and process equipment design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.Develop technical specifications for new or existing plant and equipment to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate and install, mechanical plant and equipment to deliver plant reliability, operability, safety and lowest cost of ownership by applying Knowledge of engineering principles and best practice.
- Investigate equipment failures and diagnose faulty operation, make recommendations for corrective action.
- Assist draftsmen in developing plant and structural design, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on plant and process design.
- Interpret technical drawings, schematics, and technical reports.
- Oversee fabrication and installation of plant and equipment to ensure that it is installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering procurement and construction. Prepare tender and contract documents.
- Perform personnel functions, such as supervision of contractors, site workers, technicians and other engineers.
- Prepare Engineering procurement, construction and commissioning schedules.
- Study industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
- Write performance requirements for processing equipment and engineering projects.
- Apply engineering principles and practices to emerging fields, such as robotics, waste management and energy management.
The successful candidate will hold a relevant tertiary qualification that is supported by proven experience within a similar Mechanical Engineering role, in a manufacturing and processing environment. Demonstrated experience in materials handling principles and with the root cause failure analysis will be highly regarded. You will lead by example in regards to safety, ensuring a culture of zero workplace injuries and employee wellness is maintained.
Your strong communication skills that highlight your ability to ensure a cohesive team approach to reaching business objectives will be evident, as will your ability to initiate, contribute to, and support continuous improvement initiatives.
Furthermore, with our Customers at the Centre, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise and the successful candidate will model our core behaviours and help shape this agile business.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference in gender, age, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity and sexual orientation. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge that keeps us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees, no matter our differences, to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent no later than Friday 30th March 2018.