Quality Safety & Environmental Coordinator | Australia
|Category:||Safety & Environmental|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-May-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Safety Environmental Coordinator, to be based at our Salt Ash site located near Newcastle, NSW.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will manage and monitor environmental, H&S and quality activities in accordance with company, regulatory and statutory requirements. This position is responsible for maintaining and implementing Environmental license requirements and reporting, H&S compliance with legislative and company guidelines and the ongoing maintenance of the sites quality system objectives to maintain certification and is supported by senior advisors in all fields.
Responsibilities will include;
- Ensure compliance with Environment, H&S and Quality Management Systems and standards by developing specific procedures and coordinating their implementation.
- Conduct monitoring in accordance with environmental license requirements.
- Direct involvement in preparing submissions for EPL updating and amending as required.
- Prepare and submit reports to statutory authorities as required
- Develop and deliver site based training for safety and environmental initiatives
- Undertake regular inspections of the site to identify hazards and risks to Quality, Safety or Environment
- Participate in monthly EH&S meetings with staff, employees and contractors.
- Support Newcastle sites to comply with Sibelco BMS Procedures.
- Maintain hygiene activities by continuing monitoring and identifying any potential risks or hazards, housekeeping standards, dust and noise emissions and keep accurate logs, records and reports.
- Actively assist with the investigations into any incidents or non-conformances.
- Maintain system records.
- Load required data including hazards and incidents into Site Action Management (SAM) System.
- Co-Ordinate and encourage Continuous Improvement Suggestion program.
Requirements for the position;
The successful candidate will hold formal qualifications in Environmental Science, OH&S or significant Safety and/or Environmental experience preferably gained within a mining, manufacturing or heavy industrial environment.
- Experience in the production or manufacturing environment will be highly regarded.
- Experience in incident investigation (ICAM or similar)
- ISO9000 and HACCP system maintenance.
- Completing Internal Audits.
- Experience writing internal Policies and Procedures.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
Furthermore, with our Customers at the Centre, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise and the successful candidate will model our core behaviours and help shape this agile business.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent to our careers page www.sibelco.com/careers no later than 30th May 2018