Electrical Supervisor | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-May-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently seeking a fixed term Electrical Supervisor to be based at our operation on North Stradbroke Island engaged on a Monday- Friday day shift basis until the closure at the end of 2019. The role is required to provide proactive electrical maintenance support to primarily our mine site, as well as oversee the electrical maintenance of all other Mineral Sands electrical infrastructure on North Stradbroke Island. You will influence and motivate your team to complete all of these activities in accordance with company safety, quality and environmental systems and procedures. Overtime will at times be required dependant on operational needs and will be payable as time off in lieu.
Key responsibilities include;
- Proactively lead and champion our safety culture to ensure that it is a part of the team's every day activities and site culture.
- Effectively lead the 4 day shift and 4 shift electrical tradesmen in the development and implementation of electrical works.
- Oversee shutdowns, breakdowns and repairs of critical equipment, including fault-finding, root cause analysis and general problem solving across all sites.
- Take responsibility for electrical compliance monitoring as the electrical statutory position holder for all the mine sites on North Stradbroke Island.
The successful candidate will possess;
- Trade-qualified electrician holding a Queensland Electrical Fitter Mechanic license.
- The ability to interpret and analyse schematics is highly desirable as is experience in Yokogawa instrumentation and DCS operating systems and VSD and DC drive fault finding
- Experience with preventative maintenance systems and navigation of CMMS (Pronto)
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pumps and wet processes and HV switching competency (highly regarded)
- Knowledge of telemetry and wireless data transmission systems
Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com/careersno later than Friday the 4th May 2018.