Maintenance/Plant Operator - Caroline | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Jun-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent fulltime Maintenance Fitter or Boilermaker / Relief Plant Operator to join our team at Sibelco's Caroline Limestone processing plant in South Australia. Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, this permanent full time role will be primarily responsible for the regular maintenance, repair and unscheduled breakdown rectification services for processing plant and equipment as well as assist with other facets of the mining operation.
The successful applicant will;
- Be proactive with safety and possess the ability to help implement and follow safety procedures
- Have a current driver's licence
- A trade qualification as a Mechanical Fitter or Boilermaker with preventative maintenance and fault finding experience in a heavy industrial equipment,
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and materials handling equipment as well as sound welding and fabrication skills,
- Have experience operating trucks, front-end loaders, crushing or screening plants and hold the relevant competencies,
- Be computer literate and have an understanding of Microsoft office suites
- HRW licence for forklift, confined space, working at heights, EWP and first aid are all highly regarded but not essential.
The roles at Caroline are multi-disciplined within the team with a willingness to develop skills and take on training and instruction with a positive attitude are fundamental to the role. Above award conditions and remuneration is available for the right candidate and please note this is not a FIFO or shift work position and successful applicants would be expected to live in the general region.
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people at a range of organisational levels, and will have a positive attitude towards safety with an ability to demonstrate leadership in this area. You will also have a commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and legislation, and will be successful at working as part of a team.
Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, taking responsibility and supporting others. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture across the business and in return will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and the exciting opportunity to help shape this agile and growing business.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent to www.sibelco.com/careers no later than Friday 1st June 2018.