Continuous Improvement Engineer - Traralgon | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth, performance and a great organisational culture.
We are currently recruiting for permanent fulltime Continuous Improvement Engineer – Change Agent to be based at our Traralgon Quarry and Processing plant in Victoria.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this key role will work with both production and maintenance teams to implement, train and maintain the tools and strategies to deliver sustainable improvement in plant availability and performance. This role will work with site personal to champion these tools and processes, by focusing on waste elimination using lean principles in all mining, processing and maintenance areas.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Develop, implement and monitor proposals to increase plant throughput, plant OEE and deliver the business improvement
- Implement a process to capture data which can be used to calculate, monitor and report on KPI's for the Production and Maintenance teams.
- Connect with subject matter experts within Sibelco and with external suppliers to optimise equipment separation performance. This may include sampling and testing of the process to problem solve and measure equipment separation performance
- Assist the Maintenance Superintendent in the application of analysis tools in maintenance handbook to identify continuous improvement opportunities and in the development of equipment maintenance strategy, in-line with plant critically analysis in the maintenance handbook
- Champion 5's to support site personal to remove process waste and improve efficiency
- Work with the Operations Manager and Maintenance Superintendent to develop procedures for the site.
- Participate actively in projects site, providing input for the design, specification and purchase phase
- Actively support and lead safety and environmental initiatives within the business
- Act as the local change agent for optimisation to support the delivery of improvement projects on the site
The successful candidate will essentially hold an Engineering tertiary qualification that is supported by proven experience within a similar continuous improvement or Reliability Engineering role, in a manufacturing and processing environment. This experience will highlight your exposure to introducing lean manufacturing techniques, as well as your ability to implement project management processes. You will lead by example in regards to safety, ensuring a culture of zero workplace injuries and employee wellness is maintained.
Your strong communication skills that highlight your ability to ensure a cohesive team approach to reaching business objectives will be evident, as will your ability to initiate, contribute to, and support continuous improvement initiatives.
Furthermore, with our Customers at the Centre, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise and the successful candidate will model our core behaviours and help shape this agile business.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent to our careers page www.sibelco.com/careers no later than 15th June 2018.