Quality Safety & Environmental Coordinator - Kunwarara | Australia
|Category:||Safety & Environmental|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Jun-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Safety Environmental Coordinator, to be based at our Magnesia Mine site located in Kunwarara, just north of Rockhampton, QLD.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating activities to enhance the site's quality, Health and Safety and environmental performance to ensure compliance with all company, regulatory and statutory requirements. This includes maintaining the site's ISO9001 and FEMAS certifications while supporting a culture of continuous improvement for reducing environmental impacts and leading efforts to reach an ever safer workplace to achieve zero harm.
Responsibilities will include;
- Ensure compliance with our EH&S Management System standards by developing specific systems and coordinating their implementation.
- Conduct monitoring in accordance with environmental license requirements and to ensure legislative industrial hygiene standards are met on dust and noise emissions.
- Undertake and coordinate regular inspections of the site to identify risks to Quality, Health and Safety or Environment and to verify that good housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Develop and deliver site based training for safety and environmental initiatives.
- Participate in monthly EH&S meetings with staff, employees and contractors and foster their involvement and participation.
- Lead and drive the ongoing development of a safe work culture on site.
- Prepare and submit reports to statutory authorities as required
- Support Magnesia to comply with quality related Sibelco Corporate Procedures.
- Co-Ordinate all internal and external audits required to be conducted on Magnesia sites.
- Actively assist and lead investigations into site issues relation to Health and Safety, Environment and quality, including customer Complaints, Production Incidents and non-conformances.
- Maintain System records and logs and produce reports to highlight to management issues and trends on Quality, Health and Safety and environmental performance.
- Document Control system maintenance.
- Maintain meeting minutes related to the Quality System.
- Co-Ordinate and encourage Continuous Improvement Suggestion program.
- Liaise with Business Systems Advisors in relation to Quality, Health and Safety and Environment.
Requirements for the position;
The successful candidate will hold formal qualifications in Health and Safety, Environmental Science or relevant discipline or similar Safety, Environmental or Quality experience preferably gained within a mining, manufacturing or heavy industrial environment;
- Experience in the production or manufacturing environment will be highly regarded.
- Experience in incident investigation (ICAM or similar)
- ISO9000 and HACCP system maintenance.
- Completing Internal Audits.
- Experience writing internal Policies and Procedures.
- Statistical Process Control experience.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
Furthermore, with our Customers at the Centre, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise and the successful candidate will model our core behaviours and help shape this agile business.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent to our careers page www.sibelco.com/careers no later than 22nd June 2018.