Internal Auditor - North Sydney | Australia
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jul-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world- privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are seeking an Internal Auditor to join our corporate development team on a 12-month fixed-term contract, to be based in our North Sydney Office.
Reporting to the EVP Corporate Development, this role will be responsible for designing and implementing a robust global internal control and risk framework. The successful appointment will manage projects identified as necessary actions from the global yearly audit, and will need to be immersed in our business to understand our processes. Additionally this role will review policies, identify risks, test controls and liaise collaboratively with Sibelco members across diverse business areas to provide advice to optimize existing business practices.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Execution of the gap analysis between the “as is” and the “to be” strategic assessment and development of the audit methodology and work program;
- Enterprise Risk Management assessment (identification, evaluation & determination of risk appetite) in preparation of the multi-year internal audit plan;
- Establishment of a risk based global audit plan, Design and deployment of an internal control framework;
- Coach the project audit team, as focal contact for local business stakeholders review observations and prepare the draft audit report for manager's review;
- Advise business stakeholders on control best business practices by providing recommendations to reduce risks and improve efficiency and financial profitability;
- Develop constructive key internal relationships to understand business processes, discuss audit results, provide advice to minimise concerns raised from audits, perform follow-ups
- Represent Internal Audit & Risk on cross functional process improvement teams, with senior management and external organizations;
- Manage the co-sourcing (internal) and out-sourcing (with third parties) Internal Audit & Risk Management activities
- Support strategic Group functions such as Project Management Office, M&A as required
- An industry professional operational and financial auditor (internal or external) with minimum 7 years experience.
- A Bachelors' degree qualification in accounting, finance, business administration or commercial engineering
- Project management qualifications, ERP and data analytics expertise all highly desired
- Experience in leading audit projects and effective coaching of others- essential
- Excellent written and verbal English skills, with a second language highly desired
- Certification in internal auditing (e.g. CIA, CISA)-essential, general accounting (CA, CPA)- highly desired
- Ability to travel globally for up to 50% of working engagement
The successful appointment will be process orientated with a flair for critical analysis resulting in proposal of pragmatic and workable solutions. Most importantly a Sibelco internal auditor will be an affiliative influencer that models and fosters our key behaviours of building positive relationships, speak up, explore possibilities and deliver on promise.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at https://www.sibelco.com/job-opportunities/ no later than
Friday the 20th July 2018.