Production Team Leader | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jul-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for 4 permanent fulltime Production Team Leaders to join the team at our Parkhurst Magnesia Processing Plant located just on the Northern edge of Rockhampton, Queensland. This newly created position will support the Production Coordinator by supervising production activities in the operation's Magnesia manufacturing and distribution processes.
The role will primarily involve the organisation and supervision of plant operational employees to ensure day to day production activities are met and undertaken in accordance with company safety, quality and environmental systems and procedures. This is a rotating shiftwork role, working day/ nights with 7shifts a fortnight.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Lead the production team to meet targets, minimise costs and identify, review and implement process improvements.
- Liaise with the maintenance team to ensure that all equipment is safe and efficient to operate.
- Co-ordination and implementation of strategies to manage risk and ensure compliance with Environment, Health & Safety and Quality policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Investigate and make recommendations of plant improvements and manage installation of approved capital works and modification.
The ideal candidates will possess;
- Solid experience within heavy industrial plant production, minerals processing or mining production environments.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to build solid relationships within the team.
- Computer literacy in Word and Excel, experience with software Pronto preferred.
With our customers at the center, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careersno later than Friday the 20th July 2018.