Mining Superintendent - Galong | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for a Mining Supervisor to be based at our Galong quarry located a short drive from the regional towns of Yass, Young and Harden and has one of the most advanced modern technology Kilns in Australia.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Mining Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all mining activities and assisting the Production Superintendent with crushing and screening operations at Galong, all in accordance with company, state and federal regulations.
Key responsibilities include;
- Ensure that the plant operates in accordance with company OH&S, Environment and Quality systems; promote and foster zero harm for all employees and contractors
- Optimise the mining operation and grade control Limestone to appropriate ROM stockpiles
- Ensuring operations comply with NSW Mining Acts and Regulations
- Supervision of operators and maintenance personnel
- Contribute to the preparation of operating plans and Site Operations Review meetings
- Assist in the preparation of Quarry production and expense budgets and work within these budgets
- Work closely with the mobile maintenance team to ensure that all mobile equipment is safe and efficient to operate.
Ideally you will possess;
- Knowledge of shot firing & blasting operations in compliance with the Mines Inspection Act 1901, No.175
- Proven management skills within a mining environment
- Drill & Blast or experience within the manufacture of limestone will be highly regarded
- Good knowledge and understanding of the New South Wales Mining Regulations
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build solid relationships within the team
With our customers at the center, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careersno later than Friday the 28th September 2018.