Process Engineer - Parkhurst | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Tired of the FIFO Grind? Want to be home every night? Then look no further, we are currently searching for a Process Engineer to be based at our Magnesia Parkhurst processing plant located in Rockhampton QLD.
Reporting to the Operational Support Coordinator, this key position within the team is responsible for the leading the provision of technical expertise and advice for the optimisation of product quality and consistency, process improvement and plant effectiveness. The position's primary focus is optimisation of the plant separation processes to improve mineral recovery and lower the cost of production.
- Promote and provide Environment, Health and Safety leadership within the business.
- Provision of technical advice and direction to facilitate the best processing outcomes from both minor and major engineering projects.
- Develop, implement and monitor proposals to increase plant throughput and improve plant flexibility
- Improve plant efficiency and reduce costs through continuous improvement projects.
- Identification and development of process control techniques to ensure product quality and optimise plant functions
- Reduce waste production throughout the processing plant
- Support day to day plant operation, including data capture, analysis and reporting.
The ideal candidate will possess;
- Tertiary qualified in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Embedded Project Management expertise and a solid grasp of continuous improvement project philosophies
- Demonstrated experience within heavy industrial processing environments
- Prior expertise working on calcination/high temperature processing optimisation projects
With our customers at the center, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careersno later than Friday the 28th September 2018.